At BNP Paribas Asset Management, our goal is to integrate a sustainable approach across our investment strategies. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria, for applicable strategies, are central to the way we come up with investment ideas, create portfolios, control risk and use our influence with companies and markets to improve sustainability.
Why invest with a sustainable approach
Investing with a sustainable approach can be financially rewarding by, for example, steering clear of companies that are exposed to pollution lawsuits, labour unrest, shareholder disputes or other events that can damage their reputation and business performance.
Our planet is also served better with low-carbon energy, environmental sustainability, and equality and inclusive growth. As an investor, you can help shape a better world through your investment choices.
Sustainability is core to our business and our investment decisions. We are focused on achieving long-term sustainable returns for our clients.
- Long-term commitment to sustainability: 20+ year history in sustainability, including ESG research and integration, stewardship and issuer engagement, and a broad range of solutions to invest in sustainability
- Recognised ESG performance: our expertise is recognised by many third-parties such as PRI, ShareAction, Broadridge, WWF, Majority Action and Influence Map
- Thought leader and advocate: we are active in 40+ industry and collaborative initiatives including the PRI1, IIGCC2 and TCFD3
- Dedicated Sustainability Centre: a team of around 30 multi-disciplinary professionals driving our sustainability approach
- Global scope: we seek to integrate ESG research and analysis across strategies, asset classes and geographies4
Our goal is to integrate sustainability across our investment strategies. We define our sustainability approach as follows: ESG integration, stewardship (voting and engagement), a responsible business conduct policy and the implementation of sector-based exclusions, a forward-looking perspective (the “3Es”: Energy transition, Environmental sustainability, Equality and inclusive growth).
For investors wishing to go further, we also offer a range of sustainable thematic strategies (classified as Article 9 according to European Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation):
Environmental and social
 PRI: Principles for Responsible Investment;
 IIGCC: Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change;
 TCFD: Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures. Trademark, copyright, & other intellectual property rights are & remain the property of their respective owners.
 BNP Paribas Asset Management’s ESG integration principles and guidelines (link: 517E383E-5094-4908-A7CB-A0C0795C0288 (bnpparibas-am.com))
FRONT OF MIND| Video – 1:50 min
PORTFOLIO PERSPECTIVES| Podcast – 10:25 min
FRONT OF MIND| Article – 5 Min
- Any views expressed here are those of the author as of the date of publication, are based on available information, and are subject to change without notice. Individual portfolio management teams may hold different views and may take different investment decisions for different clients. This material does not constitute investment advice.
- Investing in emerging markets, or specialised or restricted sectors is likely to be subject to a higher-than-average volatility due to a high degree of concentration, greater uncertainty because less information is available, there is less liquidity or due to greater sensitivity to changes in market conditions (social, political and economic conditions).