BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a broad range of ESG-aligned1 and thematic ETFs.2 Today, we manage around 39 billion EUR in index solutions.3
Why ESG and thematic ETFs
ETFs have grown in popularity in recent years thanks to generally lower fees, intraday trading, and enhanced transparency.
ESG-aligned ETFs can provide additional benefits like improved risk management by, for example, steering clear of companies involved in controversial activities that could damage their reputation and business performance. And those that target specific themes, such as low-carbon energy, could offer attractive long-term growth potential, albeit with greater volatility and risk.
Sustainability is core to our business and our investment decisions. Through our BNP Paribas Easy ETF range, we seek to deliver long-term sustainable returns.
- Broad fund range: over 40 sub-funds covering several asset classes, geographies, and themes
- Long-term commitment: 20+ year history in sustainability and 30+ years of experience in passive investment
- Recognised ESG performance: our expertise is recognised by third-parties such as PRI4, ShareAction, Broadridge, WWF5, Majority Action, and Influence Map
- Dedicated resources: over 10 portfolio managers dedicated to index and ETF portfolios, as well as a Sustainability Centre of around 30 multi-disciplinary professionals
- Global scope: we seek to integrate ESG research and analysis across strategies and apply our active voting and engagement policy to all index funds and ETFs6
Equality & inclusive growth
Health & technology
 ESG = Environmental, Social, Governance
 ETF = Exchange-traded fund
 Source: BNP Paribas Asset Management, as of 31 January 2023
 PRI = Principles for Responsible Investment
 WWF = World Wide Fund for Nature
 BNP Paribas Asset Management’s ESG integration principles and guidelines (link: 517E383E-5094-4908-A7CB-A0C0795C0288 (bnpparibas-am.com)
PORTFOLIO PERSPECTIVES| Article – 1 Min
PORTFOLIO PERSPECTIVES| Article – 4 Min
PORTFOLIO PERSPECTIVES| Article – 2 Min
Source: BNP Paribas Asset Management, data as of 31/05/2023
- Any views expressed here are those of the author as of the date of publication, are based on available information, and are subject to change without notice. Individual portfolio management teams may hold different views and may take different investment decisions for different clients. This material does not constitute investment advice.
- Investing in emerging markets, or specialised or restricted sectors is likely to be subject to a higher-than-average volatility due to a high degree of concentration, greater uncertainty because less information is available, there is less liquidity or due to greater sensitivity to changes in market conditions (social, political and economic conditions).