BNP Paribas Asset Management and BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking, in partnership with Coalition Greenwich, have sponsored new research into thematic investing. The survey canvassed institutional investors and intermediaries across the globe to understand their objectives, preferred themes, selection criteria, and investment plans.
Key highlights include:
- 52% of investors are currently using or planning to use thematic investing, and 70% of thematic investors plan to increase their focus over the next three years
- Achieving a positive impact / contributing to sustainable outcomes is the main overall objective in using thematic investing, with enhancing investment returns the second most important
- Healthcare innovation and robotics & artificial intelligence are the most appealing innovation and disruption themes, while the most appealing sustainability theme is renewable / clean energy followed by climate change solutions
- US investors’ appetite for thematic investing is much lower compared to Europe and Asia
- 84% of all investors think that employing thematic investing has a positive impact on long-term investment performance. Equities are the preferred assets for investing thematically, though investors are split over benchmarks (sector vs broad market).
To learn more, download the summary report.
This material is issued and has been prepared by a representative of BNP PARIBAS ASSET MANAGEMENT Australia Limited (“BNPP AMAU”) AFSL 223418 ABN 78 008 576 449.
This material is produced for information purposes only and does not constitute:
1. An offer to buy nor a solicitation to sell, nor shall it form the basis of or be relied upon in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever or
2. Investment advice.
Opinions included in this material constitute the judgement of BNPP AMAU at the time specified and may be subject to change without notice. BNPP AMAU is not obliged to update or alter the information or opinions contained within this material. Investors should consult their own legal and tax advisors in respect of legal, accounting, domicile and tax advice prior to investing in the financial instrument(s) in order to make an independent determination of the suitability and consequences of an investment therein, if permitted. Please note that different types of investments, if contained within this material, involve varying degrees of risk and there can be no assurance that any specific investment may either be suitable, appropriate or profitable for an investor’s investment portfolio.
Given the economic and market risks, there can be no assurance that the financial instrument(s) will achieve its/their investment objectives. Returns may be affected by, amongst other things, investment strategies or objectives of the financial instrument(s) and material market and economic conditions, including interest rates, market terms and general market conditions. The different strategies applied to the financial instruments may have a significant effect on the results portrayed in this material.
All information referred to in the present document is available on www.bnpparibas-am.com/en-au.